POPI (PROTECTION OF PERSONAL INFORMATION)
What is the POPI Act?
We respect your right to privacy and therefore aim to ensure that we comply with the legal requirement of the POPI Act which regulates the manner in which we collect, process, store, share and destroy any personal information which you have provided to us.
What information will we collect?
- Email address, telephone number, physical address
Why do we collect Personal Information?
We collect personal information in order to liaise with you telephonically, via our website or email so that we may:
- Respond to any query or comment received from you;
- Inform you of new services;
- Enable us to process, validate and verify information and requests for the supply of services;
- For the purposes for which you specifically provided the information; and
- Generally to improve your experience on our website.
- Send your order to you through our third party courier
If you are under 18 years of age (minor), we will require the consent of your parent/guardian/ competent person before we process such personal information.
Processing of Information
We will share your personal information:
- In order to comply with applicable law or with legal process served on our company;
- In order to protect and defend the rights or property of our company; and
- With employees and/or third parties who assist us in providing services to you and thus require your personal information in order to render a proper and efficient service. We will ensure that all such employees and third party service providers, having access to your personal information, are bound by confidentiality agreements.
Collection of Information by “Cookies”
You are aware that information and data is automatically collected through the standard operation of the Internet servers and through the use of “cookies.” “Cookies” are small text files a website can use to recognise repeat users, facilitate the user’s ongoing access to and use of the website
- Treat your personal information as strictly confidential;
- Take appropriate technical and organisational measures to ensure that your personal information is kept secure and is protected against unauthorised or unlawful processing, accidental loss, destruction or damage, alteration, disclosure or access;
- Promptly notify you if we become aware of any unauthorised use, disclosure or processing of your personal information;
- Provide you with reasonable evidence of our compliance with our obligations under this policy on reasonable request; and
- We will not retain your personal information longer than the period for which it was originally required, unless we are required by law to do so, or you consent to us retaining such information for a longer period. Although we take the aforementioned precautions in protecting your personal information, we shall however not be liable for any loss or damage, howsoever arising, suffered as a result of the disclosure of such information if outside our reasonable control.
You have the right at any time to:
- Rectify the Personal Information collected by us;
- Object to the processing of Personal Information (subject to legislation);
- Request the return or destruction of Personal Information (subject to legislation);
- Lodge a complaint with the company.
All enquiries must be addressed to the information officer: who can be contacted via email at email@example.com